Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fresh Air Fund



Re-posting from The Equinest~

This seems like SUCH a great organization. I honestly don't know where I'd be in my life if I didn't have the opportunity to be around horses, stables, barn cats...fields and forests, all of it. We lived in the city but I was fortunate enough to have parents who dutifully took me back and forth to the barn. Of course there are parents for whom this is impossible for a whole host of reasons, so I think something like this could really save a kid's life. Watch the video at the link if you can.

I wish we had land to host a child. Their smiles are absolutely beautiful.




Update: That'll learn me to scan websites. Turns out Michigan isn't one of the host states (yet they have host families in Ontario??), and they only work with kids from NYC. Still, I think they're great, and I hope they expand to other areas of the Country some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment