Friday, November 19, 2010

The Results Are In...

Is it wrong to be happy your dogs have mange?

Because I am deliriously, over the moon ecstatic that my dogs have frigging mange!!

That's right, it's definitive. Mojo for sure has it, and the goldens most likely. All three got a dose of Ivermectin, a dose of topical, some prednisone, and are snoring happily.

The #1 lessons learned-listen to your animals. Trust your gut. Don't be intimidated by men (or women) in white coats. Finally, the Internet kicks major ass.

The particular type that Mojo has does not bother people or cats, so we're OK. There's no way to say where she picked it up.

Mojo is old, and something will get the girl eventually. For now, though, she's weathered yet another storm and is on her way to being healthy. I love my tough old broad. Together, we totally Pwnd scabies!




Do not F%^k with me, tiny gross microscopic parasites. You. Will. Lose.

.....................................................................................................................


On another, horribly sad note, my friend lost her horse today. Feel free to stop by and express your condolences....Wayne was the coolest little Haflinger stud ever, and Miles loved having him as a next door neighbor for over a year. I've been thinking about her all day as she's going through one of the hardest times we can have as horse owners.

I hope Wayne is running around somewhere with four perfect, sound legs and having a blast. RIP sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment