Friday, October 26, 2012

Oh, Hey! Hi! How's It Going?

Ugh, I am a blogger fail.  Seriously, I can't believe the last time I updated this space was in JULY.  Fail Fail FAIL, all on me.


All my fail makes chubby 3-legged kitteh fall down, go night-night.

One of the major reasons for my fail is because I was working a job that was literally sucking the life and creativity out of me until about 3 weeks ago.  It's hard to have anything left when it's all you can do to get through 8 to 10 hours every day.  In some ways, it was an extremely rewarding position-I had a role in making a program strong and robust and everything I envisioned for it.  In (many) other ways, it was incredibly sad to see those efforts be all for naught.  Anyway. Long story short, I applied for and got a position with our local food bank 3 weeks ago, and I LOOOOVE it so far-seriously, since I was laid off a year ago, it finally feels like I'm doing what I want again.

Lo, I know that you don't care about my career:)  You want to hear more about him!


And maybe her, my sweet Senior Chamie.



Just because I haven't been writing doesn't mean I don't have anything to write about (er, maybe that's debatable).  This summer and fall I haven't ridden nearly as much as I need or want to-yet every time I do I have I ask myself why I'm not riding all the frigging time.  Miles turned 12 on October 16th, and he's truly in his prime-he is the best kind of horse.  The one who you can ride after he hasn't felt a saddle in 2 weeks and not need to lunge or anything-he is that horse. 

Last night, we took a trail ride in 40 mph gusts of winds and he was up, yes-only because he was SO happy when I pointed him at the trail instead of the arena.  To be clear, Miles' "up" these days is a shake of the head and sometimes a cute little passage-he just loves to explore.  I could FEEL his disappointment when the trail turned to take us back to the barn-he wanted to keep going!  I told Amanda, our trail buddy with her super mare Cody, that I will never get that beautiful, forward, bouncy walk in the arena. That is Miles' Dora the Explorer walk-if I had a trailer (and any kind of stamina of my own) I swear he would be the best endurance horse of them all.  What can't an OTTB do?


Lo, he is a handsome chub, is he not?  I sure do like him fleshy.

That's all for now-I have to save some content if I want to write more than once a frigging quarter.  I'll leave you with the happiest Golden face ever.


Feels good to be back!


12 comments:

  1. welcome back! your boy looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Good to hear you have been doing some riding. Miles looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear from you!! I really believe that your job should be rewarding and provide a sense of accomplishment. If you aren't getting this out of what you do for a living, then it's time for a change. It sounds like you have found your spot!

    Sweet Chamie and Miles look fab. I think his weight is really good, btw. Gem turned 12 on October 17th and I agree with you...this is their prime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear from you! Glad the work situation is improved.

    Miles and Cuna could start a club, I think. Too cute! (I do want to steal some of Mi's fatness though.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear from you!

    Ponies look great - Miles is pleasingly plump. It's good to head into winter on the + side. Agreed about being 12 - Val is 11 in January... prime time. (and also chubby) ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back on the blog! Sounds like you had an awesome trail ride with Miles. I follow you on fb but the blog is where I can see more pics and catch up in detail.
    Wish Harley would step out like that when he's leaving home! He's the reluctant trail horse--he'll go, but he's always glad to turn for home (when the pace really picks up).
    Good to know your new job is going well and won't suck all your energy! Great trail riding weather this time of year--happy trails to you and Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miles looks fabulous! My Riva is the same way -point her toward the galloping track instead of the dressage arena...and you can almost hear the happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well HARO!!! Welcome back ;) All the babies look great :) Pictures are cute too in the vintagey sort of feel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miles is awesome and so are you. :) I have that same walk on the trail, and no, not so much in the arena. He and Bar are the same age, too!

    I am contemplating showing. This is very terrifying. Do you want to talk me out of it? Oye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do we EVER get to ride as much as we want to? I'm thinking definitely not...
    Pretty sure all of us disappear from the blogosphere at one time or another when we trip over life (and go sprawling - everybody understands ;o)
    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete