Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's Amazing What 2 Rides Will Do For Your Outlook

For reals. After having so much time off, Miles the Wonder Pony gave me 2 great rides in a row this weekend. I don't really have much to add to that...we cantered (and cantered well) and trotted cross poles. Miles still doesn't see much reason to actually break into a canter after the cross rail, but we'll get there. I did lunge him at the canter over the jump and he had no issue what-so-ever. Today we also worked, for the very first time, with another boarder who was jumping as well. Miles was a little rattled at first but quickly settled in-he really hasn't been exposed to other horses working at the canter and jumping right next to him. Wonder Pony...what can I say?

Here, have a boring (but cute at the end) video of Miles and LaShore moseying down to great me at the gate. I was hoping to get one of his whinnying/galloping greetings, but considering all the snow we've had this is actually much safer. Turn your sound down so as not to get aurally assaulted by my ridiculous voice.



I think the horse apples in the pasture are a nice touch. Happy Sunday Everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you got two good rides in a row. That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miles is awesome :) Lets hope you can get more good rides in too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miles is a very handsome guy!! Great that you got some rides in. It is amazing what that does for the outlook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a handsome boy! Riding really lifts your spirits, doesn't it? Glad you had two great rides this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Miles! We've got tons of horse apples in the pasture right now and I can't do anything about them because they're all frozen to the ground. I'm going to have a heck of a job once it thaws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv a video, no matter what. His sweet caramel color muzzle to smooooochable!

    ReplyDelete